So I’m currently at the boring, clean up part of the Space Jahannam build. Decided to switch to a different project I’ve had on my mind for a while. It was originally just to supposed to be a simple, quick build but then thought it would be a good project to test working with surface mount leds (the very tiny ones). The Swords The swords looked a bit too small and I wanted them to look more menacing. Used […]
Weapon Mods I did not like the beam rifle the kit comes with. It just looks to weird in hand without a trigger finger hand and it does not sit on arm too well. Ended up chopping the back end of the rifle and reshaping the handle with styrene and putty. The wrists looked too skinny to me compared with the rest of the arm so I added a wrist gun and grappling cable to them. Started off […]
Base Kit: HG Unicorn Destroy Mode Mods: None, just paint First kit I attempted anything with other than snap fitting. Everything was hand painted except the white armor parts.
I’m pretty new to customizing kits so I still make a lot of mistakes. Here are a few that I have made so you can learn from them. Soft Plastic + Putty + a Ziplock bag = a Rubbery Mess This happened while I was trying to fill in the holes on the backs of the Space Jahannam hands. They are made of the soft plastic that Bandai uses in newer HGs, usually the frame/weapon grey pieces. Normally, using putty […]
I originally got this kit dirt cheap and had it boxed up somewhere after I snapped it together. Decided that it was finally time I did something to it. LED Mod Emptied out the chest cavity as much as I could. Also added some styrene to the hole for the neck polycap to give it a slightly longer neck. Wired up the red LED with 24 gauge magnet copper wire, added a resistor and soldered magnets to the end of […]
Base Kit: HG Powered GM Cardigan Mods: Leg extensions, panel line scribing, weapon/shield modifications and a paintjob full of freedom Awards: 2nd place, 1/144 Alternate Universe category at SCGMC 2015
Potential color scheme inspired by the Megebots Mk. II. Going to end up adding a lot of guns to this so yeah… ‘MURICA! Used a pin vice to bore holes into the beam sabers and convert them into guns. Didn’t get the holes perfectly centered. 🙁 Since this is based on an old kit, its using old joints which have to modified in order to be able able to remove the seam lines. This way I can paint the […]
Base Kit: SD Delta Plus Mods: Nothing Special, just seam line removal Awards: 2nd place, SD category at SCGMC 2015 This was the kit I used to break in my airbrush. Didn’t do anything to it other than removing seam lines.